TMNK/Nobody is a, New York Street Artist, a contemporary American artist who works not only explores and offer critical discourse on socio-political issues such as racism, classism, sexism, third-world plight, first-world arrogance, war and peace), but also share his vision of how things could be, if only … It is from his juxtapositions of reality against hope, of probability against possibility, of the serious managed through satire, and of damage versus renewal, wherein TMNK draws his use of symbols, glyphs and iconography, his choice of colors and the balance of the canvas, even the jarring coincidence of materials and layered assemblages which, for no other reason sometimes than his willing them to be, seem to marry. His is a world which celebrates grace in its own transience, of our sentience sullied and then cleansed, and above all, our clamoring to exceed the dichotomy between our pathology, and our own biological imperative toward morality.
TMNK's art was recently featured in both Vibe Magazine and YRB Magazine, is in the permanent collection of the Fleming Museum in Vermont, and was selected for an exclusive line of t-shirts for apparel manufacture American Eagle Outfitters. With Solo Shows in New York, Italy, and Norway this so-called "nobody" has amassed an international following for his unique brand of intellectual urban contemporary art.
Artist's statement: "I am the defiant thread, in this great tapestry called life, who has decided to weave instead of being woven. My rebellious, markers, paints and aerosol cans, neither need nor seek your permission, as I converse with generations yet unborn. To you I may be nobody. Okay, then undeterred and unaffected I say to you, “Nobody did it!”, as I leave my mark on the world for all eternity." – TMNK
The Me NOBODY Knows
Check out Currently Available Work from TMNK here .
Here's some information about his work:
• Current Exhibition • Addicted To The Streets • Hansum Gallery, Tranøy Norway
- "Art Nouveau" Magazine - TMNK: Artist of the Year" (2010): http://www.an-mag.com/been-around-the-world-tmnk-is-somebodys-nobody-2/
- Solo exhibit Norway (2010): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWLrDEfeo6k
- Opening of "Modern Urbanisms" in New York: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGpDhJHu-K8&feature=player_embedded
- Nobody's imPRESSed - The media about "Modern Urbanisms" (Schwerpunkt Online Medien): http://www.menobodyknows.com/nobodyblog/?p=6442
Or simply Google Images TMNK (wink) Nobody is everywhere.