This will also be H.R. Giger's most significant exhibition in the US.
Master Swiss Surrealist Academy Award® Winner (Alien). The largest exhibition of his art to be shown in the U.S. in more than 20 years! H.R. Giger will be present at the show in his separate exhibition along many original masterpieces, alien sculptures and rare collectibles.
Buy individual or the enitre collection for investment, gallery or museums.
H. R. Giger - is recognized as one of the world’s foremost artists of Fantastic Realism. Born in 1940 to a chemist’s family in Chur, Switzerland, he moved in 1962 to Zurich, where he studied architecture and industrial design at the School of Applied Arts. By 1964 he was producing his first artworks, mostly ink drawings and oil paintings, resulting in his first solo exhibition in 1966, followed by the publication and world-wide distribution of his first poster edition in 1969. Shortly after, he discovered the airbrush and, along with it, his own unique freehand painting style, leading to the creation of many of his most well known works, the surrealistic Biomechanical dreamscapes, which formed the cornerstone of his fame. To date, more than 20 books have been published about Giger’s art.
Giger’s most famous book, Necronomicon, published in 1977, served as the visual inspiration for director Ridley Scott’s film Alien, Giger's first high-profile film assignment, which earned him the 1980 Oscar for the Best Achievement in Visual Effects for his designs of the film's title character, including all the stages of its lifecycle, plus the film’s the extraterrestrial environments. Giger's other well-known film work includes his designs for Poltergeist II, Alien3 and Species, as well as the legendary unmade film, Alejandro Jodorowsky’s Dune.
Read Full Bio Click here > | See Website1 , See Website2 , See Website3
- H.R. GIGER'S stunning art books have sold over a million copies worldwide.
- H.R. GIGER received the Academy Award for his otherworldly designs in the classic film, ALIEN.
- H.R. GIGER'S art hangs in European art museums, including his own large museum in Gruyere, Switzerland.
- This will be the largest exhibition of H.R. GIGER'S art at the World of Art Showcase to be shown in the USA for over twenty years, and will feature a rare visit by the Swiss master.
- H.R. GIGER is considered by many in the art world to be our foremost contemporary surrealist. His base of fans and appreciators extends to every continent.